Instinct is partnered with Antech Diagnostic to offer a diagnostic integration!
Table of Contents
💡Antech Workflow at a Glance
- First, a mapped product needs to be completed on the Tx Sheet, Ax Mode, or via One-Off
- A new Diagnostic Chart document will then automatically be created in the visit
- Once in the “To Review” status, the Chart document will need to be opened; this is when you can add any pertinent details about the sample
- The requisition form is generated by clicking “Submit” in the bottom right of the Chart document
- Click ‘View Form’ to view and print the requisition
- The Chart status will update to ‘Complete’ when the results become available
- You can print and share results just like any other Chart document
📏 What to Do If You’re Interested
- Simply reach out to us via firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Please provide your Antech credentials; including Clinic ID, Lab ID, & System Login Credentials (both
- username and password).
- We will prepare and share a spreadsheet with you to help us map your Instinct products to the correct Antech test codes.
- Then we can coordinate a time to enable it when your team is ready!
🚨 Please Note: The username and password must be a system assigned username – not a specific individual within the clinic. If new Login Credentials are needed please call technical support at Antech (844-674-4422).
Workflow Deep Dive
🔬 Scheduling and Completing Antech Treatments
You will schedule and complete Antech treatments just like any other treatment in Instinct. Antech specific
treatments (that have been mapped) will display a diagnostic (beaker) icon on both the Order tab and line item
on the TX screen, as shown below. While the diagnostic icon will not display if ordered as a One-Off, you can
still use One-Off to initiate Antech requests.
💡Note: While Antech treatments can be added directly to an Estimate or Invoice, doing so does not create nor complete a treatment and therefore, does not initiate a request.
📊 Chart Status Progression
Request Pending ➡️ To Review ➡️ Request Pending ➡️ Requested (req form) ➡️ +/- Partial➡️ Complete
- When Antech treatments are completed, a corresponding Chart document is automatically created with a Request Pending status. This just means Instinct is confirming the request is valid with Antech.
- The Chart status will then change to To Review so you can add any additional information before generating the requisition form. Required(*) and optional fields will become available to fill in based on the category of the test.
- Click Submit in the bottom right of the screen when done.
- The status will change to Request Pending briefly while Antech is generating the form.
- Once we receive the PDF from Antech, the status updates to Requested and the View Form button appears so you can print the requisition.
- As results become available, the status will update to Partial and/or Complete.
🧪 Viewing Laboratory Results & Sharing
When an Antech Chart reaches the Complete status, you are able to print and share the results just like any
other chart document.
- Select the Print button at the bottom of the Chart pane to generate a PDF for viewing the results.
- The results will also be available in the Print Record and Comm Log Attachments menus.
- If the rVet Sharing toggle is on (and they have an rVet assigned), the results will be available in Shareville as well.
🚨 Please Note: rVet Sharing for lab requests is toggled ON by default. If you do not want results to share
automatically with the rVet we recommend turning this toggle off while completing the request, initially.
🚫 Void and Undo Void
Once the lab request has been submitted, you may Void the
request from either the 3-dot menu or within the chart side
panel. Be advised, however, that voiding the lab request will
only void the Chart in Instinct; Antech will retain the
requisition and remove it after 30 days.
To communicate this, we have added a hover hint on the Void
button in the chart panel. Note that if you void the request from the 3-dot menu you will not see this text.
😵💫 Troubleshooting Tips
Antech products must be mapped to follow the workflow described above and generate a requisition
form. The easiest way to confirm your product is mapped is by looking for the beaker icon on the Tx
Sheet or Ax Mode order form. If you do not see this, please send an email to us at email@example.com
& we can get it mapped for you! In the meantime, you can still submit unmapped requests directly
through your Antech Diagnostics Account online.
If you receive an error after completing an Antech treatment, the status will change to Request Failed.
- Opening the Chart panel will provide more information about why the request failed and who to contact (us or Antech), depending on the cause of the error.
- If the error originates from Instinct >> you’ll see a link to our support team and clicking it will automatically populate all of the details we need to help you troubleshoot!
- If the error originates from Antech >> we will display the error along with their Customer Support number so you have everything you need right in front of you.
If you experience an error and then decide to Void the request and try again, you can still open the Chart panel of the Voided request. Any error messages and contact information will remain in that panel.
Date of Birth is Required
Antech requires that a patient have an Age in order to create a requisition. Given that DOB is not a required field in Instinct, you will not be able to complete those orders until it is entered.
What you will experience when attempting to complete via:
- One-Off Modal – a generic error message is displayed (see image below)
- Tx Sheet or Ax Mode – the treatment will just not complete