Welcome to the Instinct release notes page! These notes will provide information on the functionality of new features released this month.
❌ Declining Items on Estimates
If a client declines an offered service, that line item can be marked as Declined.
How to Decline an Item
There are two ways to decline an item:
Check the box to the left of the item and click the Decline button.
Drag and drop the item into the Declined Items section at the bottom of the Estimate.
📓 Please Note: Drag and drop is only possible once at least one item has been declined.
How to Undo a Declined Item
There are two ways to move a declined item back to the elected section:
Check the box to the left of the item and click the Undecline button.
Drag the item out of the Declined Items section.
After Declining an Item
The Declined Items section defaults to an expanded view but can be collapsed by clicking the up/down button. Regardless of state (expanded or collapsed), the number of declined items will always display to the right of the section header.
Line items will NOT be editable once declined. Users must Undecline an item in order to make changes.
Declined items will be ordered alphabetically and are unable to be re-ordered within this section.
Declined items will not be included when generating a Tx Sheet or an Invoice from the Estimate.
Declined items will display on the printed Estimate. The cost of the declined item will display on the Estimates screen but not on the printed Estimate.
You can also print completed/approved Estimates from the Invoice.
Taxes, Non-taxable Sales, and Discounts Report
The Taxes and Discounts report has been updated to include non-taxable sales. You will see this change reflected in the report name and the report description.
A new row for Non-taxable Sales has been added to the report and display on the line above the Totals.
The Taxable Sales column has been re-named Pre-Tax Sales to more accurately reflect the column contents; however, no calculations will change.
💰 Invoice Closing
Every invoice in Instinct will now display either as an Open or Closed status.
📓 Please Note: We have added this permission to all of your staff under the Staff User Role. If you would like to limit access to the Close Invoice feature, please head to Admin > Staff > Manage > Manage Roles, uncheck the permission from the Staff Role, and add it to a different User Role that you would like to grant the permission to.
When an Invoice is in Open status, you can add, edit, and void line items. As long as the patient is still checked in, the Close Invoice option is not available and is grayed out.
Once a patient is checked out, the Close Invoice option becomes available.
When an Invoice is in a Closed status, you can no longer add, edit, or void line items. Closed Invoices can only be reopened within 24 hours by going through our current Reopen Visit process.
Invoices viewed in the Account Ledger will display the Status as either Open or Closed.
⚡ Important Note: Invoices will remain Open until they are manually Closed.
Visit Careville for a more detailed Invoice Closing Guide!
📈 Analytics Report Improvements
The following Analytic Reports will now show Invoice Closing status:
- The Accounts Receivable Report will calculate the sum of Invoice Totals for all closed invoices less payments to calculate the overall Account Balance. A patient can be checked out, but if their invoice is still open, its invoice total will not be calculated into the Account Balance sum.
- This report considers all products ordered during the given reporting period, including those on open invoices, and therefore is subject to change.
- Excluded from open invoices: Total Revenue Invoiced, Total Discount Amount, Average Visit Invoice, Totals by Status, Species, Breed, Ward, and Service.
- Total Tax Collected is now Total Tax Invoiced.
Provider Summary and Details
- Excluded from open invoices: Average Invoice, % Total Invoiced by Practice, Collected Revenue (will only include fully paid closed invoices)
- We’ve added an additional column to our Revenue Details report titled Invoice Status which will notate whether the invoice is open or closed. Collected will display if a closed invoice has been fully paid. Uncollected will display for open invoices and closed but not fully paid invoices.
Visit our Careville article on Analytics for more details!