Learn how to access, download, and schedule hospital reports in the analytics dashboard!
Table of Contents
If you have one or more Analytic Permissions, you will see the Analytics icon in the left-side menu to open the Analytics dashboard:
The Analytics dashboard displays a list of available reports and a description of what’s included. These can be scheduled to be generated on a Daily, Weekly, and/or Monthly basis (orange dots), and for quick reference, we’ve included the date the last report was generated. Scheduled Analytic Reports can be automatically emailed to key individuals on the hospital team. To add or remove an email from the list, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
📑 Report Permissions
Administrative Users can assign Permissions to User Roles allowing access to individual Analytic Reports without having access to all Analytic Reports.
Some examples are as follows:
- Analytics – EOD (End of Day) – Includes access to Transaction Details Report, Transaction Summary Report, and Accounts Receivable Summary Report
- Analytics – Inventory – Includes access to the Controlled Substance Report
- Analytics – Doctors – Includes access to the Incomplete Chart Report and Patient Census Report
Example of what the User with the Analytics – EOD Role would see in the Analytic Section:
Permissions for access to Individual Analytic Reports are:
- Analytics Accounts Receivable Summary Report
- Analytics Controlled Substance Report
- Analytics Incomplete Charts Report
- Analytics Open Invoices Report
- Analytics Order Summary Report
- Analytics Patient Census Report
- Analytics Practice Summary Report
- Analytics Provider Summary Report
- Analytics Referrer Details Report
- Analytics Revenue Details Report
- Analytics Taxes, Non-taxable Sales, and Discounts Report
- Analytics Transaction Details Report
- Analytics Transaction Summary Report
💡 Please note: Scheduled Analytic Reports are not affected by these permissions. The e-mails on file will still receive all Scheduled Analytics Reports.
📈 Report Details
- Accounts Receivable (A/R) Summary: This report is always a snapshot of all Account Balances up to the current point in time. Only Closed Invoices are considered when calculating account balances and aging.
- Controlled Substance: This report includes patient, order, and account details for Controlled Substance usage. Please contact email@example.com to ensure all controlled substances are flagged appropriately for reporting.
- Incomplete Charts: This report will provide a list of In Progress and Unsigned Chart documents.
- Open Invoices Report: All current invoices that are still open will show in this report. The details include the date and time the invoice was created, the total of the invoice with taxes and discounts as well as the invoice balance, and the amount owed, taking into account payments and refunds.
- Order Summary: Provides a summary of counts of Products and Services. The Total should also match the Total Revenue Invoiced field on the Practice Summary Report. This report considers all products ordered during the given reporting period, including those on Open Invoices.
- Patient Census Details: Patient details including signalment, status, ward, provider, referring veterinarian, and invoices. The last selection at the time the visit is checked out is what will be captured on the report.
- Practice Summary: This reports invoice totals to date (combined) for all active visits within the reporting time frame. If the visit began prior to the reporting period but is still active, the current total is captured. Total Revenue Invoiced, Total Discount Amount, Average Visit Invoice, and Totals by Status, Species, Breed, Ward, and Service will exclude Open Invoices. The reporting timeframe accounts for the Closed Invoice date.
- Provider Summary: Summary of counts and revenue by a veterinarian on all invoices closed during the reporting period.
- Practice Summary and Provider Summary: Visits totals between these two reports may not match because the Practice Summary includes visits with no charges and the Provider Summary does not include visits with no charges. A single patient may also have different providers during their visit, causing the total to be counted more than once on the Provider Summary.
- Provider Summary and Revenue Details: These reports will display revenue as collected vs. uncollected.
- Collected revenue displays if a patient is checked-out and the visit balance is $0.00.
- Uncollected revenue displays if a patient is checked-in or if a patient is checked-out with a visit balance due.
- Revenue Details: Reports all invoice line items within the reporting time frame. Any line items on an active invoice that were added prior to this period will not be included.
- Referrer Details: Referrer details by the hospital and referring veterinarian.
- Taxes, Non-taxable Sales, and Discounts: A summary of taxes, non-taxable sales, and discounts. This report will exclude Open Invoices. The reporting timeframe accounts for the Closed Invoice date.
- Transaction Details: Collected payment, refund, and adjustment details.
- Transaction Summary: Summary of payment/refund/adjustment data.
Most Analytic Reports will include a Glossary tab at the bottom of the spreadsheet with more details.
To edit the schedule of a report, simply click the checkbox to the left of the report name followed by “Change Schedule” at the top of the screen. Note that you can select more than one report at a time if you’d like!
You’ll then be able to adjust the reporting schedule for all future reports as shown below:
Please note that Weekly reports will be generated from the next Sunday – Saturday.
Monthly reports will be generated starting on the first day of the next month – so if a monthly report is selected in the middle of October, the next report will cover November 1st – 30th.
To view and download previously generated reports, click the row of the report on the Analytics screen.
You’ll then see a list of all past generated reports, the reporting period of the report when the report was generated, and the schedule of the report (Daily, Weekly, Monthly).
To download, simply click on the row of the report and it’ll automatically open the document for viewing, and save it to your computer, too.
Generate New Reports On Demand
Generate a new report whenever you need it by clicking the row of the report on the Analytics screen.
1. From the Analytics screen, click the name of the report you’d like to generate.
2. Click Generate New Report.
3. Select the start and end date/time, up to 31 days.
4. You’ll see a notification that the report is being generated and emailed to the distribution list set up by your hospital administrator.
5. After generating an on-demand report, you’ll also have the option to click on the report to download and view it immediately.
📓 Please Note: On-demand reports can be generated for any time frame up to 31 days. When bulk editing analytic reports, On-Demand will not appear among the frequencies since the date/time must be manually selected to generate those reports.
A few things to keep in mind
- Reports will continue to download as Excel files.
- You must assign a Role containing any or all of the Analytic Permissions to any staff member in order for them to gain access to the Analytics dashboard and Reports.
- The filename of downloaded reports will include your Abbreviated Practice Name, Report Name, and Date of Report. For example: ABC Clinic – Practice Summary Report (Day of April 24, 2021)
🛑 Made a mistake on the Invoice and need to fix an Analytic report? Visit our Refunds and Returns Guide for more information!
Sorting and Filtering Exported Reports
Prepping the Spreadsheet to Sort or Filter:
- Highlight all cells in the Spreadsheet by clicking on the triangle where the rows and columns meet in the upper left corner.
To Sort Excel Spreadsheets:
- With all cells still highlighted, click on the “Sort & Filter” button and then select “Custom Sort”.
- A popup will appear for Sorting options. Check the box next to “My Data Has Headers”, then in the “Sort by” drop-down select the column to sort.
- Clicking “OK” will sort the Spreadsheet for the desired information.
To Filter Excel Spreadsheets:
- Go to the column you’d like to filter the Spreadsheet by and highlight the entire column.
- Click on the “Sort & Filter” button and then select “Filter”.
- The selected column header will now have a dropdown arrow.
- Clicking on this arrow will pull open a list of values to filter by. Place a checkmark next to the values you would like to see, then click “OK”.
- Only rows with the selected filter value(s) will show on the Spreadsheet.