Learn how to create and use Drawing Blocks in Charts to note patient information on body maps, anatomy diagrams, and more!
Table of Contents
Drawing Block for Charts
🚨 Important Note: Our Chart feature must be active in Instinct EMR in order to utilize the Drawing Block. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if your hospital would like to enable this feature.
Creating Drawing Block Templates
Hospital Administrators can add Drawing Blocks to new or existing Templates by going to Admin > Charts and selecting Add Drawing Block in the option list as shown below.
Once selected, the Template Builder will populate the Drawing Block section. Within this section, you can name the image being uploaded and add a brief description letting other users know important information about the image or how to utilize it.
If an image is uploaded that is under 150px wide, Instinct will not automatically resize the image to avoid causing any distortion. An example of how this will look is below.
When uploading images that are larger than 150px wide, Instinct will automatically resize the image when it is open in Charts. In the single panel of Charts the image will be resized to 200px wide (see below) and 475px wide on the expanded panel.
If a template is opened in Charts without a Background Image, a blank canvas will appear allowing users to draw inside of it.
📓 Please note: Once an image has been uploaded it can not be deleted. To remove the uploaded image users can replace it with another one by clicking on the upload button again or delete the Drawing Block section.
Utilizing Drawing Block Templates
Drawing Block templates can be accessed in the Chart section of the patient’s record. Once the Chart has been selected, a panel on the right side of the screen will appear containing the uploaded Drawing Block image with editing tools underneath.
Drawing Block images will display 200px wide in the single panel and 475px wide when the panel is expanded.
Key for Editing Tools:
- Pencil tool for drawing on the Background Image or blank canvas in the Drawing Block
- Options for the thickness of the Pencil Tool are: 10px, 8px, 6px, 4px, and 2px
- Default setting is 2px
- Color tool for selecting color of the Pencil
- Available colors are: Red, Blue, Green, Orange, and Black
- Default setting is Black
- Undo tool allows for deleting of the last mark made in the Drawing Block
- This tool button can be selected multiple times to undo previous marks
- If the document panel is closed and reopened later, the undo tool will still delete the last mark made in the Drawing Block.
- Delete All tool allows for deleting all marks made in the Drawing Block
- 🛑 CAUTION: This action cannot be undone
Drawing Block Printing and PDF’s
Any Chart document that contains Drawing Block sections will be visible when the record is printed or created as a PDF as shown below.