Product Groups are extremely useful when building Treatment Sheets, Estimates, and even Invoices based on hospital workflows and protocols!
🥇 Product Group Best Practices
We recommend creating specific Treatment, Estimate, and Invoice Product Groups because:
- This avoids adding unnecessary items (like non-billable vitals from a Treatment Sheet group) on an Estimate as a $0 line item.
- A Treatment Sheet group may contain multiple billable options that are selected at the time of ordering (5mg Enalapril, 10mg Enalapril, etc.) and if these were added to an Estimate or Invoice, all options would appear.
- You will be adding duplicate charges since Instinct captures charges from the Treatment Sheet as the items are updated/completed.
- There may be automatic charges associated with Treatment Sheet Product Groups, different hospitalization options, etc.
- If a Treatment Sheet Product Group is selected on the invoice, any and all billable items will be included on the invoice by default.
🩺 Treatment Sheet Examples
Product Groups can be ordered on the Treatment Sheet to easily build a detailed workup in just a few clicks. We also recommend using a common label when creating these so they’re easy to search for (OP, ER, IP prefixes).
Orders within a Product Group can be active by default with specific frequencies and start times if needed.
💡 ProTip: Visit our Admin Guide for more information on creating Product Groups, and view Common OP/IP Product Groups here.
➕ Adding Groups to an Estimate
Estimates can be streamlined by using existing groups or by creating Estimate-only groups (excluding non-billable vitals) in your Instinct Product Group Admin. You also have the ability to adjust the ‘low’ and ‘high’ end of the estimate group as seen in the screenshot below:
💡 ProTip: Take a look at the Carville EMR Estimate Guide for an in-depth view of our Estimate feature.
💰 Adding Groups to the Invoice
Specific Invoice Product Groups can be created to easily add multiple items to an Invoice instead of adding items line by line. These Invoice Product Groups should be different from your Treatment Sheet Product Groups, as Treatment Sheet Product Groups may have multiple billable items that are selected at the time of ordering (5mg Enalapril, 10mg Enalapril, etc.)
Once selected, you will be prompted to confirm the information, including the doctor before it is actually placed on the invoice.
When the group items have been added to the invoice, each line will show the quantity, doctor, and price. Also, the visit balance and invoice totals can be seen at the lower left hand of the screen.
💡ProTip: To learn more on Invoicing, check out the EMR Invoice Guide!