Add ‘Order Notes’ to any treatment to document specific instructions including call parameters and Dr. notes.
What are Order Notes?
Order Notes are specific instructions attached to treatments to enhance communication amongst your team. Here are some examples:
- Instructions for medication administration (give IV slow, mix with food, etc.)
- Instructions to notify the doctor before administering treatment
- Setting call parameters
- Safety instructions for staff (careful with rectal temp, wear gloves, do not handle if pregnant, etc.)
Any treatments with order notes will be indicated on the treatment sheet with an orange comment icon. Hovering over the icon will display the order note:
For added clarity, order notes will also display on the treatment completion screen:
How to Add Order Notes
Adding an order note is easy – just search for your treatment, input all info needed to place the order, and be sure to add your order notes!
💡 ProTip: If you have medications/treatments that need the same instructions every time, your hospital administrators can add a Default Order Note to auto-populate every time that treatment is ordered.
Adding Default Order Notes with Administrator privileges
- Click the settings (Admin) gear towards the left side of the screen and search for the item under the Product category.
- Click the name of the item and enter your Default Order Note in the box labeled “Default Note”.
- Click Save.
That’s it! Now this note will automatically appear every time this product is ordered: