Get ready to unleash your inner pharma nerd! The familiar Plumb’s resource is peer reviewed, updated regularly, and you have live access in EMR.
📓 Important Note: In order to access Plumb’s, please have your IT team allow *.app.plumbs.com, *.amazonaws.com and *use.typekit.net on your hospital security settings.
🔎 Where to find Plumb’s
Plumb’s can be accessed five ways:
- Search by drug or brand name in the left navigation bar.
- When ordering a medication on the Tx Sheet (note that the medication must also be included in the most recent version of Plumb’s).
3. Inside Product Groups in the treatment sheet:
4. Entering a medication in the patient’s Estimate screen:
5. The final area to access Plumb’s is through the RX icon in the top right hand corner:
📇 Plumb’s Monograph
The Plumb’s Monograph includes all pertinent drug information with helpful “Jump To” links for fast access to different sections.
💡ProTip: The purple text in some drug monographs highlight new information from Plumb’s. This means Instinct will always have the most up-to-date version of Plumb’s at any given time!
📄Medication Guides for Printing Client Handouts
Handouts for clients can be printed out by simply enter the medication, and then click Medication Guide. From there, you will have the option to save or print out the .pdf document.
💡ProTip: At this time, saving and printing Plumb’s Veterinary Medication Guides can only be done through a Chrome browser via Instinct web app. Also, the ‘Medication Guide’ button will not be displayed if the product does not have one available.
💊 Adding New Medication
Please contact email@example.com to link a new medication to the Plumb’s monograph. 👍
🧠 Check out the super informative Pick The Brain Article, How to Enhance Medication Safety in Veterinary Hospitals!