Instinct EMR offers multiple options for printing and saving patient documentation in Charts and Treatment Sheets. Printouts for clients are made simple within the Estimates, Invoices, and Rx screens and Patient/Prescription labels can be printed with just a few clicks!
When viewing the Chart screen, you have 3 options to print documents from a patient’s visit:
1. Choosing Print from the 3 dot menu to the left of the date will download the selected document. The PDF will automatically open for printing once available.
📓 Please Note: Documents can only be printed if they are completed, signed by a doctor, or if the document requires a signature, such as a consent form for a client.
2. When selecting Print Record from the lower left-hand corner of the Chart screen, a secondary window will popup giving you the option to print from a specific date. From here, you can select the entire visit document list, a Summary, Details, or Invoice that can be printed individually.
3. You can print any individual chart document by clicking the printer icon at the bottom of the right side pane. This will prompt the document to download and open in a new window.
🐾 Patient Labels
While under the patient’s Chart section, you have the option to select Print Patient Label along the bottom of the screen. This is helpful if you need to tag belongings or use as a cage identifier.
🩺 Treatment Sheets
You have 3 options for saving and printing Treatment Sheets:
- Summary PDF: Includes only pertinent nurse notes and is built for sharing with referring hospitals.
- Detailed PDF: Displays all ordered treatments and is the best document to share for legal proceedings.
- Future PDF: Displays a clean day of scheduled treatments and is useful for referring vets if they want to continue your plan for a patient (use as a day-to-day template).
You can also Copy Treatments in three formats:
- All Medications: Current medications on Tx sheet
- All Tx: Completed & discontinued treatment order details
- All Tx w/Nurse Notes: Includes all of those free typed notes as well
💡 ProTip: Ctrl+V is a keyboard shortcut for pasting on windows computers.
Using the “Copy Txs” or “Copy Vitals” button will allow you to paste it into a separate document or email.
Copy Vitals in a List or Table format:
- Intake Vitals: First weight/TPR
- SOAP Vitals: Most recent 5 weight/TPR/ins/outs
- Latest Vitals: Most recent vitals
- All Vitals: All vitals for this visit
The List format allows you to see your vital findings in a line by line format that includes the date and time that they were entered:
Weight | 4.52kg (09/09/21, 4:32P) | 4.54kg (09/09/21, 1:21P)
Temp | 101ºF (09/09/21, 1:32P)
Pulse/Heart Rate | 200bpm (09/09/21, 1:34P)
Pulse Quality | Bnd (09/09/21, 1:34P)
Respiratory Rate | 72bpm (09/09/21, 1:33P)
Respiratory Effort | Pant (09/09/21, 1:33P)
Capillary Refill Time (CRT) | <2s (09/09/21, 1:33P)
Mucous Membranes | Pk/M (09/09/21, 1:33P)
Note Vomiting/Regurgitation | No (09/09/21, 1:33P)
Comfort / Pain Check (Pain Score) | 2 (09/09/21, 1:33P)
The Table format will allow you to copy your findings into a document that will be organized into a table:
💡 ProTip: Visit How do I copy/paste Vitals in EMR? for more information on sharing patient vitals!
There are 2 formatting options available when printing in the Estimate section. The first, Print w/all prices, allows you to see the estimate with the Low Price and High Price of each item line as well as the range for the estimated total. The second option is Print w/total only and with this option, you will not have a breakdown of each item and it’ll only show the total amount of the estimate selected.
💡 ProTip: Check out the EMR Estimate Guide for an in-depth view of how estimates function within EMR.
If a client requests a copy of their Invoice, you have the option to print one from the lower-left hand corner of the Invoice screen by selecting Print Invoice. This downloads the invoice as a PDF and automatically opens it for printing.
💡 ProTip: The EMR Invoice Guide is a fantastic resource with more information regarding invoicing!
For detailed printouts of the Account Balance, you can visit the Business Office and select the Financials button at the top right of the screen. From here, you can search by contact name or ID in the search bar as shown below.
Once you have the client chosen, click Print Statement on the lower left side of the screen and the Account Ledger document will be download and open as a PDF.
Each Statement includes Account information, Visit Invoices, and Transactions for all patients in the Account, as well as their Account Balance and Balance ages (over 30, 60, 90, and 120 days).
💡 ProTip: Check out our EMR Financials and Account Ledger Guide to learn more!
💊 Prescription Labels and Veterinary Medication Guides
Clicking the Rx button on the top right corner of any Patient Visit screen allows you to prescribe, refill, view, and edit prescriptions, as well as print Plumb’s Veterinary Medication Guides.
After choosing the quantity and doctor selected, click the Prescribe button to send the prescription to your Dymo label printer.
A notification to print a Plumb’s Veterinary Medication Guide will display in the lower left-hand corner of the screen if one is available. Clicking Open Medication Guide will open the guide as a PDF for easy printing.
📓 Please Note: This notification will automatically close on its own after eight seconds.
Reprinting labels for refills can be selected on the main Prescription area by clicking Refill & Print Label.
A secondary option to reprint can be found by clicking the 3 dot menu next to the drug name. Here you can choose to Reprint the label if it didn’t print correctly the first time or Refill & Print the label. You can also print the Plumb’s Veterinary Medication Guide from this menu, if needed.
💡 ProTip: For more on Prescriptions, check out our EMR Prescription Guide available on Careville!