👀 Looking for our Instinct Treatment Plan Controlled Substance Report guide? Click here!
The Controlled Substance Report is a compliance log of medications that are flagged as controlled substances in your practice’s product database. To add or remove medications flagged as controlled substances, please contact us at email@example.com.
Controlled medications are recorded when a treatment containing a flagged medication is completed either on the treatment sheet or as a one-off. These medications will also be recorded when added directly to the invoice or are prescribed using the RX mode.
💡 A few things to keep in mind:
- If a treatment is completed on the Treatment Sheet and the corresponding invoice line item’s date/time is edited, the report will show the time the treatment was completed from the Tx Sheet
- If a controlled substance is added directly to an invoice and the date/time is edited, the report will show the current date/time displaying on the invoice
- If a controlled substance is added to the invoice via a prescription and the corresponding invoice line item’s date/time is edited, the report displays the date/time updated on the invoice and not the date it was prescribed
Users need to have the analytics_controlled_substance_report permission added to a role in order to access this report in Analytics.
💡To learn more about how to access and schedule this report, check out our EMR Analytics Guide!
The Controlled Substance Report consists of the following:
Report Info Tab
The Report Info tab is the cover page for the report and consists of the Hospital Name and Hospital Location. It will also show what date/time range the report is for, when the report was created, and the time zone for the report.
The Glossary tab contains terms and definitions for column headings located throughout the report for clarity.
- Product ID – Product ID of the controlled substance
- Product – Label name for the controlled substance
- Quantity – Amount of the controlled substance administered/prescribed
- Formulation Unit – Unit of measurement for the controlled substance
- Strength – Strength of the controlled substance administered/prescribed
- Strength Unit – Unit of strength for the controlled substance
- Measurement – Amount of controlled substance recorded from a vitals measurement (e.g. CRI). This will be bland for substances not set up as vitals
- Measurement Unit – Unit of measurement for a controlled substance recorded from a vitals measurement. This will be blank for substances not set up as vitals
- Treatment Note – Note associated with the treatment
- Ordered By – Staff member who ordered the treatment
- Ordered At – The time at which the treatment was ordered
- Ordered Note – Note associated with the order
- Edited By – Staff member who last edited the order
- Edited At – The time at which the order was last edited
- Completed By – Staff member who marked the treatment as complete or added the item to the invoice
- Completed At – Date and time the item was marked as completed or entered directly onto the invoice
- Assigned Doctor – Clinician assigned to the patient
- Patient ID – Patient ID who was associated to the controlled substance
- Patient Name – Name of the patient associated with the controlled substance
- Account Name – Name of the primary client (animal owner)
- Account Address – Address for the primary client (animal owner)
- Account Phone – Phone for the primary client (animal owner)
- Entered On – Where the controlled substance was entered into the software (Tx Sheet or Invoice). Note: controlled substances entered on the anesthesia sheet will be displayed as Tx Sheet
Controlled Substance List Tab
The Controlled Substance List Tab consists of the following information:
- Product ID
- Formulation Unit
- Strength Unit
- Measurement Unit
- Treatment Note
- Ordered By
- Ordered At
- Order Note
- Edited By
- Edited At
- Completed By
- Completed At
- Invoice Closing Date
- Assigned Doctor
- Patient ID
- Patient Name
- Account Name
- Account Address
- Account Phone
- Entered On
🧠Test your knowledge with our Careville Quiz!