The Open Invoice Report is a summary of all open invoices. It is important to note that information on open invoices will not be included in a number of financial reports, regardless if any payment has been made on these open invoices.
Financial reports that exclude open invoices are as follows:
- Accounts Receivable Report
- Practice Summary Report
- Provider Summary and Details – Collected Invoicing Report
- Provider Summary and Details – Gross Invoicing Report
- Taxes, Non-taxable Sales, and Discounts Report
💡To learn more about how to Close Invoices, check out our Invoice Closing Guide for more information!
When generated, this report will list all invoices that are currently with an open status as of the reporting period end date, regardless of the start date chosen. Open invoices with no line items or a $0.00 balance, will also be displayed in this report.
Users need to have the analytics_open_invoices_report permission added to a role in order to access this report in Analytics.
💡To learn more about how to access and schedule this report, check out our EMR Analytics Guide!
The Open Invoices Report consists of the following:
Report Info Tab
The Report Info tab is the cover page for the report and consists of the Hospital Name and Hospital Location. It will also show what date/time range the report is for, when the report was created, and the time zone for the report.
The Glossary tab contains terms and definitions for column headings located throughout the report for clarity.
The note at the top of the Glossary tab explains that this report includes all invoices that are open as of the time that the report is generated, independent of the start and end date of the reporting period.
- Date/Time: Date and time the invoice was created
- Invoice Total: Total of the invoice, which includes any taxes and discounts
- Invoice Balance: The amount owed, taking into account payments/refunds
Open Invoice Tab
The Open Invoice Tab consists of the following information:
- Invoice ID
- Date/Time – when the Invoice was created
- Account ID
- Client Name
- Patient ID
- Patient Name
- Invoice Total – (visit amount) includes taxes and discounts
- Amount Paid
- Invoice Balance – (visit balance) balance left on invoice after any payments/refunds have been applied
- Amount Refunded