Being prepared for an internet or power outage before it happens is strongly recommended for all Instinct hospitals. Here are a few best practices to have in place so you and your team can continue using Instinct during an outage.
Internet Outage Preparations
- Have a designated wireless hotspot to connect to the internet during a power or internet outage. As a reminder, Instinct can work on a 4G network so any mobile smartphone can act as a hotspot in a pinch, too.
- Have a set plan or SOP in place that staff can reference if/when this happens (think ‘Open drawer in case of internet/power outage’).
- Assign a main contact that your team can go to if issues arise (even on overnights and weekends). This person can also access treatment sheets from home for staff if needed.
Power Outage Preparations
- Have a backup generator to power your hospital or important outlets (think surgery room, oxygen cages, etc.).
- Have at least 1 charged laptop available or a power bank that is constantly plugged in to the wall and turns on whenever the power goes out.