Welcome to the Instinct release notes page! These notes will provide information on the functionality of new features released this month.
Table of Contents
Provider Summary and Details Analytics Reports
Provider Summary and Details Report – Collected Invoicing
Provider Summary and Details Report – Gross Invoicing
Deceased Patients – Cancel Appointments & Drop-Offs
Payments Panel – Suggested Transaction Amounts
Default Order Notes Removed from Requests Sent to Idexx API
📝Provider Summary and Details Analytics Reports
Our Provider Summary Report has been updated, renamed, and split into two different reports: the Provider Summary and Details Report – Gross Invoicing and the Provider Summary and Details Report – Collected Invoicing. These new reports still consist of the Report Info tab and the Practice Summary tab (previously Provider Summary), but now also have a Glossary tab and a Provider Detail tab.
💸Provider Summary and Details Report – Collected Invoicing
The Provider Summary and Details Report – Collected Invoicing is ideal for practices that pay provider commission based on collected revenue, as it displays collected revenue by providers based on payments and refunds made during the reporting period to closed invoices.
All Total amounts displayed on the report will be calculated before taxes are applied (pre-tax) and after discounts are applied (post-discount) and only invoice line items from closed invoices will be displayed. This report will include any payments or refunds that were made on open invoices that are closed during the reporting period, as well as any payments or refunds that were made during the reporting period on invoices that were closed prior to the reporting period.
If partial payment is taken for a closed invoice, the payment amount will first be applied to pay off any taxes, then the remaining payment amount will be applied to line items on the invoice from the oldest date to the newest date. Refunds will be applied to line items in the reverse order, most recent date to oldest date, then to any taxes on the invoice.
Users need to have the analytics_provider_summary_collected_report permission added to a role in order to access the report in Analytics.
💰Provider Summary and Details Report – Gross Invoicing
The Provider Summary and Details Report – Gross Invoicing is ideal for practices that pay provider commission based on gross invoice revenue, as it displays a summary of gross invoice revenue for providers from invoices that were closed during the reporting period.
All Total amounts displayed on the report will be calculated before taxes are applied (pre-tax) and after discounts are applied (post-discount). In the Provider Detail tab, only invoice line items from invoices closed within the reporting period will be displayed, regardless of the date, the individual items were added to the invoice. Total amounts include collected and uncollected revenue.
Users need to have the analytics_provider_summary_details_invoiced_report permission added to a role in order to access this report in Analytics.
🕊Deceased Patients – Cancel Appointments & Drop-Offs
Instinct will now automatically cancel upcoming appointments, drop-offs, and/or any scheduled reminders for any patient that is marked as Deceased moving forward. When a patient is marked as deceased, there will be a popup confirmation with an alert that all appointments and drop-offs for the patient will be cancelled. This popup confirmation has a 3-second timer before the Confirm button becomes enabled, ensuring there is time to read what will occur when a patient is marked as deceased.
The appointment will automatically move to the Cancelled section of the Appointment Calendar. Reminders for Deceased patients will remain scheduled but will not be sent. The Reminder icon will display until after its scheduled time, then you will see an indication that the reminder was not sent. Editing an appointment or drop-off for a deceased patient will not show the reminder toggle in the appointment panel.
📓 Please Note: The deceased patient confirmation is only present for practices with the appointment_calendar feature flag enabled.
💵Payments Panel – Suggested Transaction Amounts
Estimate suggestions have been updated and are now adjusted to account for negative account balances. For example, in cases where a client has overpaid, this amount may cover all or part of an active estimate. Only the remainder (if any) will be suggested.
We have also made a slight wording change to the suggested amount in the Account Payoff panel. Instead of 50/75/100% of the Balance, we now display 50/75/100% Account Balance to align with the wording on the Visit tab.
📱Gravity Text/Link to Pay
A Text/Link to Pay method will now display in the payments panel when a Payment type is selected. This option is available in the Visit and Account Payoff tabs.
Initiating a Payment
- An optional phone number field displays once the Text/Link to Pay method is selected.
- Clicking into this field will display the phone numbers associated with the selected account so you can easily select a pre-populated phone number option.
- Selecting “Initiate Transaction” automatically creates the link to pay.
- After the transaction is initiated, you have the option to “Copy Link”, “Check Out” (if the patient is currently checked-in), “Print Invoice”, or “Print Statement” (depending if you initiated the transaction on the Visit or Account Payoff tab), and “New Transaction”.
- Text/Link to Pay transactions are considered “pending transactions until the payment has been completed using the generated payment link
- Each pending transaction includes a tooltip and a 3-dot menu including “Copy Link”, “Send Text”, and “Cancel” options. “Copy Link” copies the generated payment link to the user’s clipboard. “Send Text” either resends the text message to the associated phone number or if a phone number was not associated with the transaction you will see a box pop up allowing the user to enter a phone number to send the transaction.
- The tooltip displays the created date, status, device, phone number, the user that initiated the transaction, and note.
Canceling Pending Transactions
- Pending Text/Link to Pay transactions may be canceled at any point before the transaction has been paid.
- Canceling the transaction will remove the transaction from the payments panel and immediately expires the generated payment link.
- If a phone number was associated with the transaction, a text is sent to the phone number stating the transaction was canceled.
- After the Text/Link to Pay payment is complete and moved to the Payments section, the payment becomes a normal Gravity transaction and follows current rules for Gravity transactions.
- Pending Text/Link to Pay transactions will not display on any analytics reports until the transaction has been paid.
📓Please Note: We do not have control over the text message content or payments page that displays when completing a payment. Those are controlled by Gravity.
📝Default Order Notes Removed from Requests Sent to Idexx API
There is a 250-character limit on all fields within a request sent to the Idexx API, and in cases where more than 250 characters in the default order notes for an Idexx product were entered, the request would fail.
We have removed the “Default Order Notes” field from the request so that these requests will be sent without error. This will also omit the order notes from the requisition form itself.
☎ Account Merge Update
We’ve changed the way we handle contacts when an account merge is performed!
When Account A is merged into Account B, the following will Merge & Transfer:
- Medical Chart/Info
- Invoices and Transaction History
- Account B’s Account Balance should update accordingly
- Account A’s primary contact will become an alternate contact for Account B
- Account A’s alternate contacts will now be transferred to Account B
💡ProTip: Primary and alternate contacts were previously not included.
What will not Merge & Transfer:
- Account Alerts
- Account Types