Welcome to the Instinct release notes page! These notes will provide information on the functionality of new features released this month:
IDEXX Integration Now Available
Charts – Drawing Block
🧪 IDEXX Integration Now Available
We’re excited to announce Instinct EMR is now integrated with IDEXX in-house and reference laboratory!
🚨 Important note: There is a setup process required before we can turn this integration on at each hospital. If you’re interested in enabling our IDEXX integration, please send us an email at email@example.com and we’ll be in touch with the next steps so we can get it set up over the next few weeks.
IDEXX Integration at a Glance
After this integration is enabled at your hospital, the following occurs when an IDEXX laboratory order (In-House or Reference Lab request) is completed on a patient’s Treatment Sheet or entered via One-Off:
- A new IDEXX Chart document is created automatically with a status of “To Review”.
- Once the Chart document is opened and reviewed, the request is initiated by clicking “Order”.
- If this is an In-House request, clicking “Order” triggers a request to your In-House IDEXX machine(s). If this is a Reference Lab request, clicking “Order” provides a link within the Chart document to easily print the IDEXX requisition form. The status for both In-House and Reference Lab requests is then updated to “Requested”.
- Once results are available for In-House and Reference Lab requests, the status of the Chart document is updated to ‘Received’ and results can be viewed by clicking the orange “View Results” icon.
Please visit our IDEXX Careville Guide for full details on how to order, view, and void In-House IDEXX Laboratory requests!
✏ Charts – Drawing Block
🚨 Important Note: Our Chart feature must be active in Instinct EMR in order to utilize the Drawing Block. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if your hospital would like to enable this feature.
🎨 Creating Drawing Block Templates
Hospital Administrators can add Drawing Blocks to new or existing Templates by going to Admin > Charts and selecting Add Drawing Block in the option list as shown below.
Once the Add Drawing Block button is selected, a .png or .jpg image can be uploaded to the Chart (file size must be less than 100mb). You can also choose not to upload an image if you prefer drawing on a blank canvas.
✒ Utilizing Drawing Block Templates
Drawing Block templates can be accessed in the Chart section of the patient’s record. Once the Chart has been selected, a panel on the right side of the screen will appear containing the uploaded Drawing Block image with editing tools underneath.
💡 Please see our Careville Article Drawing Block Guide for more detail on how to create templates!
Key for Editing Tools:
- Pencil tool – for drawing on the image
- Color tool – for selecting the color of the pencil line
- Undo – for deleting last mark made on the image
- Delete All – for deleting all marks made on the image
📝 Drawing Block Printing and PDF’s
Any Chart document that contains Drawing Block sections will be visible when the record is printed or created as a PDF as shown below.