The Patient Census Detail Report is an overview of patients seen during the requested reporting period and is filled with a lot of helpful information. This report can be used to calculate the revenue per patient visit, see which services are experiencing the most volume of patients, which referring clinics patients you see the most, and so much more!
This report displays the patient’s visit invoice total (post-discount and pre-tax) at the time the report is generated. All doctors that have treated the patient during the visit will be displayed in the All Visit Provider column. It is important to note that this report will only display the current ward or service for the patient.
Users need to have the analytics_patient_census_report permission added to a role in order to access this report in Analytics.
💡To learn more about how to access and schedule this report, check out our EMR Analytics Guide!
The Patient Census Detail Report consists of the following:
Report Info Tab
The Report Info tab is the cover page for the report and consists of the Hospital Name and Hospital Location. It will also show what date/time range the report is for, when the report was created, and the time zone for the report.
The Glossary tab contains terms and definitions for column headings located throughout the report for clarity.
The Note at the top of the glossary explains that this report includes all patients with an active visit with the defined reporting period, displaying one row per visit. If a patient checks in to the hospital more than once during the reporting period, they will appear more than once in the report.
Visit-specific details are subject to change, especially invoice amounts. The following columns contain the most recent information associated with each patient’s records (i.e. not linked to individual visits) – Referring Doctor First Name, Referring Doctor Last Name, Referring Hospital.
- Age in Years – The patient age (in full years) at the time of check-in
- Age in Months – The patient age (in full months) at the time of check-in
- Deceased (T/F) – Displays whether the patient is deceased at the time the report is run
- All Visit Providers – List of all providers associated with the patient during the visit. Providers are defined as users that have “Doctor” class assigned
- Invoice Amount – The visit invoice amount at the time the report is generated (pre-tax and post-discount)
- Discount Amount – The amount discounted from the visit’s invoice total at the time the report is generated
- Invoice Closed (T/F) – Displays whether invoice is open or closed at the time the report is generated
Patient Census Details Tab
The Patient Census Tab consists of the following information:
- Patient ID
- Patient First Name
- Patient Last Name
- Checked In – date and time the patient checked into Instinct
- Checked Out – date and time the patient checked out of Instinct, will be blank if patient is still checked in
- Duration of Stay (Hours) – reported in hours, time frame from check-in to check-out
- Age in Years – rounded down to the nearest whole number
- Age in Months – rounded down to the nearest whole number
- Deceased – reported as T for true or F for false
- Reason for Visit
- Problems/Dx List
- Ward – current ward of checked in patient or last ward recorded of a checked out patient
- Service – current service of checked in patient or last service recorded for a checked out patient
- Status – current board (IP, OP, Boarding, OTW) of checked in patient or last board recorded of a checked out patient
- Referring Hospital
- Referring Doctor First Name
- Referring Doctor Last Name
- Provider First Name – current assigned doctor of checked in patient or last assigned doctor for a checked out patient
- Provider Last Name – current assigned doctor of checked in patient or last assigned doctor for a checked out patient
- All Visit Providers
- Invoice ID
- Invoice Amount (post discount, pre-tax)
- Discount Amount
- Invoice Closed – reported as T for true or F for false
- Account Name
- Account Address
- Account Phone
- Account Email