Instinct is equipped with smart calculators and medication safety warnings to ensure patients are receiving a safe and effective treatment dose. All Patient Safety Warnings data comes preloaded and is reviewed by our group of specialists but everything can be customized by your admin team.
How This Works:
- Instinct will show a carefully designed/subtle warning if a user orders a medication dose outside of specified ranges. We have chosen a group of commonly utilized drugs to start with, and have created clinically relevant default safety parameters for each one (specifically, ranges for dosage that are considered to be safe and effective based on both literature reports and a practical clinical layer reviewed by specialists). These dosing ranges are set by species and please note that this data will only be provided for canine and feline species at the moment.
- You can always bypass the warnings by selecting ‘Ignore + Order’.
💡 ProTip: If the patient’s weight changes, the dose will not automatically change. The mg/kg dosage will change on the calculator but a human needs to add the quantity.
How To Edit Patient Safety Warnings:
Your medical director was given the opportunity to review/customize prior to launch at your hospital and they can always add, adjust, and inactivate alerts at any time in the Instinct Product Admin section:
- Click the Admin button (settings gear) followed by Products.
- Search for the product you’d like to add a Patient Safety Warning to and select it from the list.
- Under the “Advanced Ordering” section you’ll see a blue button labeled “Add/Edit Safety Warning”. Click this button to add a safety warning based on species.
Once added, this warning will appear when ordering a treatment if the dose or quantity is higher or lower than what is listed.
💡 ProTip: Need help managing patient safety warning ranges? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance!