The Revenue Details Report displays invoiced line item details by product or service sold. This report can be used to get a general idea of revenue being generated for the practice during a specific time period.
This report pulls data based on the date and time when an item is placed on the invoice and will report all invoice line items within the reporting time frame, regardless of the patient’s checked in status or if the invoice is open or closed. Keep in mind that if an invoice line item date is adjusted, that new date is what the report looks at. For example, if an invoice item is originally placed on the invoice on the 5th, but the date is edited to the 4th, this item would not show up in a report that was run for the 5th. It is also important to note that if a patient’s visit extends outside of the reporting range, only invoice line items that were added to the invoice during the reporting range will be displayed, all other items will not appear on the report unless the reporting range is extended.
Users need to have the analytics_revenue_details_report permission added to a role in order to access this report in Analytics.
💡To learn more about how to access and schedule this report, check out our EMR Analytics Guide!
The Revenue Details Report consists of the following:
Report Info Tab
The Report Info tab is the cover page for the report and consists of the Hospital Name and Hospital Location. It will also show what date/time range the report is for, and when the report was created.
The Glossary tab contains terms and definitions for column headings located throughout the report for clarity.
- Invoice Fully Collected? – This column will return “Collected” if the invoice that line item came from has been fully paid. “Uncollected” will be returned if that invoice is still open or there is still a balance on that invoice, either due to lack of payment or a partial payment.
- Total Amount – Total amount Invoiced for that line item after taxes and discounts have been applied.
Revenue Details Tab
The Revenue Details tab includes the following information:
- Time – This is when the invoice item was placed on the invoice
- Product ID
- Product Name
- Patient Status – Checked In vs Checked Out
- Reason for Visit
- Invoice Status – Open vs Closed
- Invoice ID
- Invoice Tags
- Account ID
- Patient Name
- Patient ID
- Tax Exempt – Displays Yes if client account is tax exempt and No if client account is not tax exempt.
- Client Last Name
- Client First Name
- Tax Class
- Total Tax Amount
- Discount Class
- Total Discount Amount
- Invoice Fully Collected?
- Total Amount