Instinct makes it easy to register a new patient and add a new patient to an existing Account.
Table of Contents
Users will not have access to the Business Office without at least one of the permissions below. Depending on which Business Office permission they have, their access to Patient/Client Account data may be limited.
- With this permission ON: users can add or edit Patient/Client Accounts anywhere in Instinct
- With this permission OFF: users can not add or edit Patient/Client Accounts anywhere in Instinct, and when using Force Check Out Instinct will not suggest a Patient Merge
- With this permission ON: users can view Patient and Client data anywhere in Instinct, but they can not add or edit Patient or Client data, and when using Force Check Out Instinct will not suggest a Patient Merge
- With this permission OFF: users can not navigate to the Business Office, and they can not add or edit Patient or Client data, and when using Force Check Out Instinct will not suggest a Patient Merge
None of the 2 Business Office Permissions
If a user has none of the above business_office permissions, the Business Office icon does not display in the left navigation bar and is not accessible anywhere in Instinct
How to Register a New Patient
- Access the Business Office screen in the left navigation bar.
- Under the “Patient Registration” category, click “+ New Patient” at the top of the screen to add patient and account details:
💡 ProTip: You can also add a new patient to an existing account by selecting “Existing Account” seen above.
Note: If you prefer to add the Account (owner) details first, either click “New Account” in the Account column (above screenshot) or start in the Accounts category (below screenshot).
Account Admin: Checking In and Viewing Patients
You have the option to add new patients to accounts and check in existing patients directly from the Account Admin. Simply search for the Account (owner) info and select the toggle to Check-In this patient:
Please note: Only one patient can be Checked-In at a time.
Check out our Merge or Transfer Patients to a New Account article to learn more about this feature!
Existing Patient & Client Search
Patient Search: Use the search bar to find existing Instinct patients, using patient first and/or last names, patient PIMS code, or account PIMS code. The search bar will provide not only exact matches, but also close matches, in case of accidental misspellings!
Existing Account: Finding existing client accounts is as easy as searching by owner first or last name and account PIMS code in the Accounts tab, using the search bar at the top.
Existing clients can also be found when registering a new patient, simply by selecting that option in the patient registration window:
🧠Test your knowledge with our Careville Quiz!