Use this handy guide to learn the ins and outs of our ezyVet Integration.
High Level Overview
- The Check-In/Out process in Instinct is driven exclusively by the appointment status in ezyVet (statuses are listed in “Check-In/Out Process” below). This means when a patient is checked in on ezyVet, they will appear on Instinct. Once they are checked out of ezyVet, they will be removed from Instinct.
- Initial check-in details come over to Instinct from ezyVet, but if updates are needed after checking in (ie: name, age, sex), they will need to made in both systems.
- Once the status triggers a visit to open in Instinct, it can be changed to another Checked In status in ezyVet without incident.
- In ezyVet, only one appointment can have a Checked In status at a time.
If a second appointment is created and the status is Checked In in ezyVet, it will check out the active Instinct Treatment. In order to correct this issue, the second appointment must be changed to a Checked Out status.
Check In/Out Process
Checking In and Out of Instinct is driven by the appointment status in ezyVet and only one appointment can have a status that is checked in.
Check In Statuses:
- In waiting room
- In consultation
- In procedure
- Awaiting collect
- Admit for surgery
- In hospital
- In discharge
Check Out Statuses:
- No status
- In transit
- Interim report
- Referral done
ezyVet: How to Correct a New Tx Sheet from Closing and Reverting to an Old One
If a patient was just checked into ezyVet and the new Tx Sheet in Instinct keeps reverting to an old one:
- This means there is more than one appointment in ezyVet with a checked in Status and needs to be fixed.
- Change the previous appointment status to Checked Out.
Please note: Instinct will always revert to the earliest appointment with a Checked In status still applied.
ProTip: Check out how to Reopen a Tx Sheet if a patient was accidentally checked out of EzyVet