The OTW (On-the-Way) Status Board is one way to supercharge efficiency by creating future Tx Sheets for patients not yet checked in.
How to set up an OTW patient:
Unconnected practices will first want to register the patient in Instinct if they have not been seen before. For a refresher on how to do this, please visit our Check In/Create New Patient guide.
- Head to the OTW Board and click “Check In Patient”.
💡 ProTip: If a patient is already on the OTW board, the “Check In Patient” button is located towards the bottom left hand corner of the screen as shown below.
- Enter the patient ID.
- Confirm the patient name and fill in the known fields including the anticipated future check in date and time before clicking “Check In”.
- Find your patient on the OTW Board and create a new Tx Sheet with the appropriate future Start dates and times. You’ll want to set up the treatments to start at the time you think they will arrive.
- Moving the Tx Sheet from the OTW Board to the OP Board:
- Connected Practices: Once the patient arrives and is checked in through your main practice software, the Tx Sheet will become live on the OP Board.
- Unconnected Practices: The visit will need to be manually moved to the OP/IP board upon check in via 3-dot menu on the Status Board.
How do I change the “Check In Time” for an on-the-way patient?
There is no need to edit the selected check in time if it is no longer accurate because it will update to the real time once checked in on your practice software. Instead, you can simply update any treatments on the treatment sheet to the new check in time using the bulk edit feature!
There is no need to edit the selected check in time if it is no longer accurate because this will update once the patient is moved to the OP, IP, or BP board. Instead, you can simply update any treatments on the treatment sheet to the new check in time using the bulk edit feature!
💡 ProTip: Be sure to adjust the check-in date to a time in the future or the Tx Sheet will default to ‘NOW’.