This guide will provide you with everything you need to know to install Instinct on your personal devices.
Before attempting to Install Instinct on your personal computer, make sure you have access to both the Instinct Client App download file and the “instinct_token”. Your Hospital Administrator or IT Department will be able to provide these to you as needed. Please note: Instinct is optimized for devices with a screen size of 12” or larger for both a safety and user experience perspective. We do not recommend installing Instinct on any devices that are smaller than 12″.
If you’re looking to use Instinct on a Chromebook, follow the instructions here.
Installing the Instinct Client App
Installing the Instinct Client App is easy – just follow the steps below:
- Download the Client App file sent to you from your Hospital Administrator or IT Department. This is labeled as ‘Instinct-5.1.0-win-ia32.exe’ for Windows and ‘Instinct-5.1.0-mac-x64-Intel.dmg’ or ‘Instinct-5.1.0-mac-arm64-Silicon.dmg’ for Macs.
- Run (double-click) the Client App to install on your computer.
If you are installing the Instinct Client App on a Mac computer, you may see a pop-up that states the file can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer. If this occurs, simply locate the file in “Finder”, hold down the “control” button on your keyboard, and click the file. Select “Open” from the menu and Instinct will install/create a shortcut on your computer.
- The app will automatically launch after install.
- A new desktop icon will appear for the Instinct Client App. We recommend pinning it to the Start menu/Taskbar on Windows or dragging it to the Dock on Mac devices.
- Continue with the instructions below (this will be different for PC vs. Mac) and download the “instinct_token” file to access your hospital within the app.
Installing the “instinct_token” file
Instructions for a PC Computer
- Download the “instinct_token” file provide by your hospital administrators or IT Team. (NOTE: Please do not rename or modify the file at all.)
- Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\ (C drive).
- Copy the “instinct_token” file from the download location to your computer’s C:\ (alternatively, click and drag this token file to the C:).
- Open the Instinct app (which was downloaded from the “Installing the Instinct Client App” instructions above) and click “Start Auto-Log In”. This searches your C:\ folder for the “instinct_token” to confirm your hospital credentials.
If you are unable to move past the “Start Auto-Log In” screen, make sure the “instinct_token” is stored in your C:\ drive and drag/drop the file onto the app login screen, as shown below.
Instructions for a Mac Computer
- Download the “instinct_token” file provided by your hospital administrators or IT Team. (NOTE: Please do not rename or modify the file at all.)
- Store the “instinct_token” file on your device (such as your “downloads” folder). Be sure to store it in a location where it will NOT be accidentally deleted.
- Open the app and drag/drop the token file onto the app login screen.
Congratulations! You have installed Instinct!
If you are having difficulty installing Instinct please contact your Hospital Administrator or IT Department for assistance.