This helpful guide will walk you through utilizing the Task List for your daily workflow!
Table of Contents
Task List Overview
Task List is an easy way to assign time-sensitive tasks to yourself or other staff members in Instinct and is accessed in the left navigation panel.
As Tasks are added, the left navigation bar will also display a color-coded Task List count for any Tasks that are assigned to you.
- If the circle is orange, it indicates tasks due today.
- If the circle is green, it indicates tasks due tomorrow.
- If the circle is red, it indicates tasks are overdue.
- If the circle is gray, it indicates the number of upcoming tasks that are not overdue, due today, or due tomorrow.
📓 Please Note: You can have an unlimited number of tasks but the Task List counter shown above has a limit of 50. If there are more than 50 tasks due, only 50 will show until the list is reduced.
Once clicked, the Task List panel opens on the right side of the screen and can be pinned, allowing you to freely navigate the different sections of Instinct without having to reopen the Task List . If there are no open, completed, or voided tasks, the panel will indicate that you’re all caught up on tasks.
‘My Tasks’ are displayed by default, however, you can also use the assignee drop down to view other Task Lists.
- For Instinct Treatment Plan hospitals: Assignee will display My Tasks, Doctor, and Staff users.
- For Instinct EMR hospitals: Assignee will display My Tasks, Groups, Doctor, and Staff users.
- Groups are based on Calendar Groups in Admin.
📓 Please Note: Tasks sent to groups will not generate color notifications on the left sidebar. Notifications of this kind will only be visible to individual users. To view group tasks, navigate to the Task List panel. The tasks will be displayed as a number next to the group name enclosed in brackets.
How to Add a New Task
To add a new Task, simply open the Task List from the left navigation panel and click + New Task. You can then add the Assignee via dropdown, Name of the task, any optional Details, link directly to a Patient, and the Due Date.
Once a Patient is linked, clicking anywhere on the patient name will take you to the Patient’s Chart.
📓 Please Note: If your Task List is ‘pinned’ and you navigate to a new screen while in the middle of adding a new task, any details entered will be not be saved and you will have to re-enter this information.
Tasks are sorted on the To Do List by Due Date, with the soonest Due Date listed at the top.
- If the Due Date is in red text, it indicates tasks are overdue.
- If the Due Date is in orange text, it indicates tasks due today.
- If the Due Date is in green text, it indicates tasks due tomorrow.
Hovering over any task displays a tooltip text that will show the date, time, and user who created the task. Clicking the 3-dot-menu next to the task will give you the options to Edit and Void the task.
When voiding a Task, a reason is required.
Clicking the checkbox next to the task name will Complete this task and move it underneath any ‘To Do’ tasks as shown below.
📓 Please Note: Only the last 15 Completed and Voided tasks will be displayed in the task bar pane.
Once a task is Completed, the 3 dot menu will display the following options:
- Undo Complete: Automatically opens the task and moves it to the To-Do section. Any notes on the completed task are no longer displayed.
- Edit Note: Allows you to fill out an optional note for each completed task. Any notes added show as an orange icon with tooltip text and this note can be edited any number of times.
Once a task is Voided, the 3 dot menu will displays the following options:
- Edit Note: Allows you to edit the required note while keeping the status of the task Voided.
- Undo Void: Automatically opens the task and moves it to the To-Do section. Any previous notes on the voided task will no longer be displayed.
🧠Test your knowledge with our Careville Quiz!